This avocado green goddess dressing is the perfect teammate to your veggie sticks, tacos, fried foods and salads. It’s rich, flavorful and nutritious all at the same time.
Packed with fresh herbs and avocados, this creamy dressing will knock your socks off with its deliciousness.
And considering how easy it is to make, it is all set to become your new go-to recipe when I’m looking for a good way to use some fresh avocados.
When experimenting in the kitchen, I always turn to using more healthy and nutritious foods, and love giving a healthy twist to my family’s classic favorites.
And that’s exactly why I tried out this recipe. Making the green goddess dressing is so easy, and is a great way to use up fresh avocados and herbs.
I personally love serving it as a side to my family’s favorite spicy jalapeño poppers, but you can, of course, team it up with anything you want to.
- What's So Great About the Recipe?
- Ingredients For the Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- How to Make the Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- 💭Top Tip
- How to Store the Leftover Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- Tips & Tricks to Nail the Recipe
- How to Serve the Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- Related Recipes
- Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- Food Safety
What's So Great About the Recipe?
The best part about this avocado green goddess dressing recipe is its versatility.
It’s super creamy and savory and great as an accompaniment for most of your fried and air fried foods.
Plus, it takes just 5 minutes and a handful of simple ingredients to put together.
I didn’t add the anchovy paste that you’d usually find in a classic green goddess dressing, but you could totally add it if you want to.
Ingredients For the Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
To make this recipe, you’ll need a simple set of ingredients.
Avocado: I used fresh, ripe avocados to make this homemade avocado salad dressing.
Cilantro: Fresh cilantro leaves to bring some freshness into this healthy green goddess dressing.
Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise adds some much needed creaminess to the dressing. You can also use a combination of mayonnaise and sour cream if you want to.
Yogurt: I used fresh, homeset yogurt to make this versatile dressing. You can also use Greek yogurt if you want to.
Garlic granules: Garlic granules or garlic powder are another must, since they bring in a nice kick of flavor to the green goddess sauce.
Lemon juice: Lemon juice brings some freshness and tanginess to the dressing.
Seasonings: I used a simple seasoning mix of dill seeds, pepper and cumin. You can try the recipe with any other seasonings of your choice too.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make the Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you’ll need to do to make this avocado goddess dressing.
Peel and slice the avocado.
Add all the ingredients along with the avocado into the food processor or high-speed blender and blend until it reaches the desired consistency.
Serve with your chicken wings, nachos or in your wrap sandwiches.
If you want your sauce to be creamy, but with some chunky bits of cilantro, process everything together until smooth, and then add the cilantro and give it a quick blitz.
- Don't have fresh yogurt? Unflavored Greek yogurt can work wonderfully as a substitute.
- The lemon juice adds a nice touch of tanginess to the sauce, but if you're looking for an alternative, apple cider vinegar should do the trick.
- If you want, you can also make this dressing without the mayo added in.
- In addition to the cilantro, you can also add some other fresh herbs of your choice. Basil, parsley, mint, chives and green onions are all great choices.
- To lend some extra flavor and creaminess to the avocado ranch sauce, you can add a bit of sour cream into the mix.
- To add that extra bit of bright green color into the vibrant avocado dressing, you can also add some green herbs or leafy greens.
To lend this sauce a bit of a spicy kick, add in some jalapenos. For an extra flavor punch, use fresh garlic instead of garlic granules.
How to Store the Leftover Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
When it comes to storing dips, sauces and condiments, the best way to go about it is to transfer everything to an airtight food safe container and keep in the fridge to maintain freshness and prevent oxidation.
You can also go the extra mile and top the surface with a small piece of cling wrap to keep it from being exposed to air and eventually browning.
And that’s exactly what I did with this green goddess recipe.
I almost always make avocado green goddess dressing in a big batch.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Recipe
- To adjust the consistency of the healthy avocado green goddess dressing, you can add a bit of milk or water into it.
- Make sure you use fresh, ripe avocado for the recipe. Even if your avocado seems to have some spots or a little browning, they’ll get blended in.
- You can also add a bit of onion powder into the mixture to really tie all those flavors together.
- Don't skip the lemon juice. Not only does it enhance the flavors of the other ingredients, but also helps prevent oxidation and browning of the avocado in the sauce.
- Make sure the sauce is used up within 3-4 days. While it can last longer, the sauce contains avocado and Greek yogurt, which can start to get sour with time.
How to Serve the Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
Love this dressing? You can put it to use in lots of different ways! Here are a few ideas to get you going!
As a Dip
The best way to use avocado green goddess dressing is to use it as a dip with your veggie sticks, crispy potatoes or tortilla chips.
You can also top it over your tacos or quesadillas or drizzle it over your Air Fryer walking tacos (just like I did) to lend it a healthy punch.
It tastes just as great as your favorite ranch dressing when served with raw veggies and healthy snacks.
I recently slathered it onto some grilled corn on the cob and it turned out finger licking delicious!
I also like to use this creamy avocado green goddess dressing as a side to my grilled or roast meats. I teamed it up with my Italian chicken cutlets and instantly fell in love.
As a Salad Dressing
The best way to serve this green goddess salad dressing is to use it as a dressing for any of your side salads.
The dressing is incredibly rich, and can jazz up any simple green salad - like a caesar salad or a potato salad.
You can also use this dressing as a topping on your buddha bowl or your breakfast toast.
You sure can! Just swap the mayonnaise for Veganaise and yogurt for plain vegan yogurt, and you’ve got yourself a nice vegan avocado green goddess dressing ready!
Yes, you definitely can! Simply use low fat mayonnaise and low fat yogurt, and you're good to go!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 pc avocado
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup coriander
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup yogurt
- ½ teaspoon dill seeds
- Peel and cut the avocado.
- Add all the ingredients along with the avocado into the food processor and blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove