The infamous butter board recipes have taken TikTok and Instagram by storm, and if you were curious about giving the recipe a shot, here’s just what you need- a sweet butter board recipe.
This one’s a nice fall and festive version of the butter board, and can be a fun recipe to whip up when you’re entertaining or just want to make something exciting for your family.
Scroll down and read on to get a quick gist of the recipe.
Ingredients for the Sweet Butter Board
You’ll need a very simple set of ingredients to put this delicious butter board together.
- 3 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon dried rose petals
- ¼ cup pistachios. raw
- ¼ cup walnuts, raw
- 1 lb unsalted or sea salted butter
How to Make the Sweet Butter Board
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do.
- Bring the butter to room temperature and then use a butter knife or small offset spatula to spread it artfully onto a serving board or platter.
- Add the toppings. I started with plenty of lemon zest but you can take it in any direction you like
Frequently Asked Questions
What Else Can I Add to the Sweet Butter Board?
There’s actually a lot you can throw onto this butter board and enhance its flavour. To add an extra touch of sweetness, drizzle some maple syrup over it, and if you’d prefer more of the crunchiness, toast the nuts a little bit, allow them to cool down and then use them for the recipe.
What Other Variations Can I Try?
The best part about this recipe is that you can bring in a lot of variations based on what you have at hand, and as per your personal taste preferences.
Want to experiment with a savoury butter board? Spread some mascarpone cheese and butter on the board, and top with some roasted or fried garlic, chilli oil, sliced olives, microgreens and your choice of ingredients.
Want your butter board to have a festive feel? Drizzle some golden syrup on the butter, and sprinkle some festive candy, crushed candy cane and nuts.
How Do I Store the Leftovers?
The butter board can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. If you have any leftovers, you can store them for later too! All you need to do is make sure the board is covered well in cling wrap to preserve the freshness of the ingredients, and then refrigerate it.
Also remember to get the board out of the refrigerator at least 40 minutes before you plan to serve it. This will allow the butter enough time to soften.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Recipe
Ready to give this easy recipe a shot? Wait up! You might want to have these little tips and tricks handy.
- To amp up the flavour and texture of the sweet butter board, use coarse sea salt or sea salt flakes instead of regular salt.
- For this version of the butter board in specific, spread some fig jam or any berry compote of your choice to balance out the butteriness with a tangy, fruity element.
- Dried cherries or any berries can also be a wonderful topping for this board.
- Want to use a sweetener with a bit of a difference? Swap the honey in the recipe for powdered light or dark brown sugar.
- You can also just drizzle some caramel sauce on it and then proceed with the toppings of your choice.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
This creamy and flavorful butter board tastes perfect when paired with some toasted French bread, or practically any other bread of your choice.