Ultra crispy and seasoned to perfection, these Air Fryer curry fries are sure to become your next favorite appetizer or side dish.
If you can’t resist a good Indian curry, and are looking for a unique way to take your taste buds on a ride without being too creative, this recipe is perfect.
I recently tried making Peri Peri seasoning from scratch, and used it to season a batch of Air Fryer fries, turning them into hot and spicy Peri Peri fries, and they turned out to be such a hit in my household.
What's So Great About the Recipe?
The versatility of these fries is what won my heart!
These fries are deliciously crispy regardless of whether you choose to bake them, fry them or even air fry them.
Team them up with a tasty dipping sauce of your choice and you have a total crowd pleaser!
Ingredients For the Curry Fries Recipe
You’ll need just a few simple ingredients to make the curry fries.
French Fries: I used a pack of frozen French fries to keep things simple. You could also choose to start off with fresh potatoes if you want to.
Oil: You’ll also need a bit of oil to grease the fries and lend them a bit of that beautiful golden brown color even if they’re air fried.
Curry powder: Pick a good quality curry powder that you really like. I used a bit of my chicken curry powder, but you could also use the vegetarian version if you want to.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Air Fryer Curry Fries
Once you have all the ingredients ready, here’s what you’ll need to do to make Air Fryer curry fries.
In a large bowl, add the fries, a dash of oil and the curry powder.
Toss to combine. Preheat the Air Fryer at 375 degrees.
Transfer to your Air Fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8-12 minutes or until crispy.
Substitutions & Variations
- To lend these homemade curry fries a bit of extra flavor, you can use some hot honey butter or lemon infused oil instead of just regular oil for this recipe.
- Experiment with different kinds of curry powders for this recipe. Scratch-make some Japanese curry roux that you can use to make curry dishes and also for this recipe.
If you’re air frying the potatoes, remember to shake the basket a few times during the cooking process to get them crispy on all the sides.
How to Store the Leftover French Fries
If you have any leftover fries, you can refrigerate them for up to 2 days. Use an airtight container to keep them fresh, and then when you want to enjoy them again, reheat them in the oven or the Air Fryer.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Recipe
- If you’re starting off with fresh potatoes for this recipe, you may want to soak the fries in some cool water for 10-15 minutes before you bake the potatoes. This will help them get crispier by removing all the excess starch.
- Remember to drain away all the water from the potatoes and pat them dry first before you bake or Air Fry them.
- Don’t forget to top the crispy curry fries with a sprinkle of sea salt right before you serve. It really amps up the flavor of the dish.
- You could also choose to top the fries with some chopped coriander if you want to.
How to Serve Curry Fries
These delicious curry fries are sure to become your next favorite comfort food.
You can enjoy them as is, or team them up with a flavorful yogurt sauce just like I did.
Another great idea is to pair them with a nice Indian style tandoori mayonnaise or a healthy avocado lime crema.
Eat them to your heart’s desire and share them with your family and friends.
You sure can! Oven-baked curry fries are just as delicious. Just remember to grease the baking sheet first and move the fries around midway through the cooking time.
If you don’t have curry powder, just use a mix of onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, paprika, cayenne and cumin powder.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- 1 pack French fries frozen
- ½ teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- In a large bowl, add the fries, a dash of oil and the curry powder.
- Toss to combine. Preheat the Air Fryer at 375 degrees.
- Transfer to your Air Fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8-12 minutes or until crispy.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove